12.12.2008

Raw Autumn Granola

I just made another batch of my favorite raw Autumn granola today. I tried some existing recipes in the past and though they were good, I was not 100% satisfied with any of them so I created my own. Here it is:

Raw Autumn Granola

1 1/2 c. soaked almonds
3/4 c. soaked whole buckwheat
3/4 c. soaked sunflower seeds
4 grated red pears
4 grated apples (your choice)
1/2 c. fresh cranberries, chopped in food processor (if you don't chop them, they won't dehydrate well and your granola will require refrigeration)
3/4 c. coconut flakes
1/2 c. date paste (about 7-8 large dates pureed in food processor)
1/2 c. agave nectar (I have not yet made a firm decision on the agave debate, so I will keep using what I have, but will probably eventually substitute yacon syrup or maybe honey)
3 vanilla beans, ground
1 TBsp cinnamon
sprinkle of salt

Rinse and drain all the soaked grains and seeds and place in a large bowl. Grate the pears & apples and add to grain/seed mixture. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Spread mixture onto dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 112 degrees until dry, usually about a day.
blog comments powered by Disqus